WaitressBlog

I don't like to talk about my flair.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Times They Are A-Changin'

So, I finally got myself a big-kid job. Found out Friday.

I moved to the Springs in November with Glowboy, who was transferred. Friends who had already moved here from Wichita assured me it would be a snap to find a new job. Glowboy and I were both pretty miserable at our jobs in KS, so it seemed like a good move. Glowboy got a transfer within his own company, with the added perk of better pay and less stress. Great! Now I just had to find a job.

So I looked...

...and looked...

...and looked...

...and took a job at L'Idiot to make ends meet while I looked....

...and looked...

...and looked...

...and finally it clicked.

I guess I knew it would pan out in the end, it's just that the end was a lot further off than I had hoped. V. excited about the new gig...it's a great company culture, I'll get to do marketing and design, and help build a department from the ground up.

I think i'll still be working some shifts at L'Idiot, just because it's always good to have a few extra bucks coming in. I don't want the student loan people to come break my kneecaps. Pluswhich, I really have gotten to love lots of the folks I work with. They were my first friends here in the Springs.

Plus, why would I give up smelling like Italian food all the time?

2 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm glad it's all working out for you. :)

Cranky

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAYAYAY! I'm so happy for you!

Let me know if they're hiring someone who has none of your skills, but still wants to work there. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home