WaitressBlog

I don't like to talk about my flair.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Reason #649 I Don't Like People

We close at 9 pm on Sundays. Guess who got a walk-in 8 top at 8:58? Oh mais oui.

They were fairly pleasant people, though obvoiusly a bit clueless about how jerky it is to walk in at 2 minutes til close. They don't just keep me from getting my closing duties done, they keep the busser, runner, cooks and dishwashers from getting their junk done.

I got a little passive-aggressive with them, I have to admit. "You want a pizza? Well, I *think* the pizza oven is still running...I'll check with my chef. You want a specially made appetizer? Well, seeing that WE'RE ACTUALLY CLOSED, I'll need to check with my chef first."

Feh.

1 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I unknowingly go into a restauraunt as they're about to close, I leave immediately.

But then again, most waitstaff make you feel very unwelcome if you walk into a restaurant even if it's 45 minutes to close.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home