WaitressBlog

I don't like to talk about my flair.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Malaprops with Mom, Part 2

This is less a malaprop, and more a mix-up. Still funny, I promise you.

This was years ago, when I was home for the summer from college. My friend R called for me one day when I was out, so she chatted with my mom for a while.

Mom: "Oh, I'm just doing some housework today and watching a movie."
R: "Really, what movie?"
Mom: "The Shining."
R: "You're kidding! That's a scary movie to be watching all alone!"
Mom: "...you think? I don't think it's very scary."
R: "Well, enjoy the movie and ask Ann to call me when she gets home."

R came over to the house the next day, walked by the tv, picked up a video case and collapsed in a gale of giggles.

Mom had been watching "Shine."

2 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And darnit, that's STILL one of the funniest things ever. -R

 
At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Reminds me of the time my ex-wife went to her 18 year old son's new job and met all of his "nice young friends". They were all so polite and friendly she said.

Then she asked me, "What does MILF mean?"

Such nice, polite, friendly young men!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home